Joint Action Front (JAF)
[the Pro-Labour civil society organisations in Labour and Civil Society Coalition (LASCO)]
NIGERIANS, A CALL TO MASS ACTION TO RESIST INCREASE IN FUEL PRICES!
REJECT IMF/WORLD BANK POLICIES OF PRIVATISATION & DEREGULATION!!
SYSTEM CHANGE IS OUR GOAL!!!
JAF DECLARES JANUARY 3RD 2012 AS THE KICK-OFF OF MASS ACTION AGAINST THE CRUEL HIKE IN FUEL PRICES!
Nigeria Labour Congress,
29 Olajuwon Street, Tejuoso, Yaba-Lagos
THE TIME IS NOW,
THE SUFFERINGS MUST STOP!
NIGERIANS DONT DESERVE THIS PUNISHMENT!!
Profiteers and looters, Slavemasters and their puppets are insulting the people of Nigeria. We must not allow them to enslave us again.
· BOYCOTT and SHUT the FILLING STATIONS that SELL FUEL above the current prices (petrol @ N65 a litre, kerosene @ N50 a litre and diesel @ N70 a litre).
· Use MASS ACTION to Enforce STAY-AT-HOME and STRIKE ACTIONS whenever labour and its allies in Labour and Civil Society Coalition (LASCO) declares such.
The Joint Action Front (JAF), the pro-Labour civil society component of the Labour and Civil Society Coalition (LASCO) hereby calls on the Nigerian working people, students, traders, professionals, women, unemployed youth, farmers, artisans, Muslims, Christians and traditional believers and compatriots to ARISE NOW and use MASS ACTION to REJECT and RESIST any increase in the prices of fuel.
The continuous fraudulent enrichment of the few ruling cabals in Federal, State and Local Governments and their cronies through the anti-people policies of PRIVATISATION and DEREGULATION and the unprecedented mismanagement and looting of public funds through so-called FUEL SUBSIDY and SECURITY VOTES since 1999, MUST not be allowed to continue.
The scandalous revelations from the Senate probe on Privatisation and the arrogance with which the ruling class of looters insists on continuing with such failed IMF/World Bank economic policies that are responsible for job losses and collapse of local industries, growing rate of millions of unemployed, mass poverty and sufferings, commercialized education and lack of access to basic necessities of life; are clear testimonies of the desperation by this band of profiteers and looters to perpetuate corrupt gangs in power. THIS IS THE TIME TO ACT.
The Inspector General of Police has been reported to say that the police and security operatives are trigger-happy to crush all protests against hike in fuel prices. What further evidence do we need other than the fascist order by Governor Fashola of Lagos State to a combined team of armed personnel and political thugs, that ensured the killing, brutalization, arrest and detention of residents of Lekki and its environs in Etiosa LGA of Lagos State, who peacefully protested against the imposition of toll fees on Saturday, December 17, 2011. The IG of police and the political rulers should be reminded by recent events across the world that those leaders who repress their people and violate their rights will sooner or later be brought to justce.
When a government resorts to the use of force (as so determined by the Jonathan presidency, Governor Fashola and others) to IMPOSE anti-poor policies and repress the people, it is incumbent on the working people and the poor (talakawas) to RESIST and DEMAND the exit of such GOVERNMENT.
SYSTEM CHANGE NOW!
Arise Nigerians now, and let’s chase the CLASS OF LOOTERS and PROFITEERS AWAY and bring about a GOVERNMENT that will:
· Make the 4 Refineries to work and build new ones and make petroleum products cheaper and affordable to all.
· Reverse the fraudulent handover of public enterprises such as NITEL, Nigeria Airways, Nigerian Ports Authority, Ajaokuta Steel, Osogbo Steel Rolling Mill, Itakpe Iron and Ore, Tafawa Balewa Square, National Arts Theatre, Trade Fair Complex, ALSCON, Nigerian Newsprint Manufacturing Company (NNMC), Daily Times, etc.
· Ensure heavy public investment in industrialization and infrastructure (energy, rail, road, and mass housing) to enhance millions of employment opportunities and wealth creation.
· Stop the privatization of PHCN and ensure that it is kept public and made efficient under the democratic control and management of elected committees of workers, consumers and representatives of the government in order to ensure that public resources invested are not mismanaged or looted as is the case with OBJ-Yar’dua-Jonathan regimes.
· Ensure adequate funding of education and healthcare and respect collective agreements reached with Labour, ASUU-SSANU-NASU and other tertiary institutions workers’ unions.
· Ensure a new POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC ORDER that will end the era of Privatisation, Deregulation, looting and exploitation by the corrupt capitalist ruling cabals and ensure that wealth of the country is judiciously applied to benefit the majority working population (formal and informal sectors) and the poor.
JOIN THE MASS ACTIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY NOW!
Read, make copies and pass to others.
Join others to organize and mobilize for MASS ACTION.
THIS CLASS OF PROFITEERS & LOOTERS HAVE STARTED THE FUEL FIRE and
IT WILL CONSUME THEM ALL
DARE TO STRUGGLE, DARE TO WIN!
FREEDOM IS NOT GIVEN, IT IS FOUGHT FOR AND WON!!
DR. DIPO FASHINA Comrade ABIODUN AREMU
JAF Chairperson JAF Secretary
Issued on 28th December 2011 by the Joint Action Front (JAF), 10 Afolabi Lesi Street, Ilupeju-Anthony, Lagos-Nigeria. 08035068524, 08033347962. www.jointactionfront.blogspot.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org